Monday, September 19, 2011

Pies on the go

Last week, I traveled to Alexandria, VA to attend a conference for work.

It was two and a half days of amazing.

First off, I had the opportunity to hear from leaders in my industry who shared their ups and downs, plus loads of practical advice. I filled a whole spiral notebook taking notes!

Second, being a busy mom of four (ages 11 years to 11 months), spending two nights in a hotel room, with a fluffy white comforter and an uncontested remote was pure bliss.

Room service? Yes, please.

And third, much to my delight, the trip was not without its share of pie.

Even though I didn't have time to track down the best bakery in VA to sample New England pie, it seemed as if pie was everywhere.

Reading a magazine on the flight, I learned Mother Queen Martha has a book I need to check out. Then, strolling around in Old Town Alexandria during a bit of free time, I came upon a fancy-schmancy cooking store where I learned of Mother Queen Maida, who apparently wrote the Bible of pie books. The store clerk raved and raved about the book, so I just had to order my very own copy.

And then, in the cutest children's boutique, I found this:

OMG. Crazy cute.
If not for the fact I had no way to get it into my already over-stuffed suitcase, I would've bought it right on the spot.

The trip left me pumped (for work) and primed (for pie making).

No comments: